Penguin Rescue Line Number: 0725987117
What do you do if you come across a stranded penguin or seabird?
• Keep dogs & people away.
• Do not put the bird back in the water
• Do not feed the bird
• Provide the following info:
· Area & name of the beach.
· If you are not familiar with the area, look for landmarks to provide.
• The rescue line operator will give you further instruction on what to do.
The African Penguin & Seabird Sanctuary is situated in the Overstrand area of the Western Cape.
Let’s zone in from BIG picture:
South Africa – Cape Town – Hermanus – Gansbaai – Kleinbaai
Corner of main road to Kleinbaai & Franskraal Road
The APSS is open to the public from 09:00 – 16:00 every day.
We offer you the opportunity to observe our “penguin patients” without disturbing them. One way windows overlook the conditioning pen and a camera feed provide insight into our feeding process during feeding time.
We have a little coffee & cake shop, and an “all things penguin” gift shop